There is an exciting and rare opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join my clients thriving surgery, which now operates 24/7. Located in the heart of a town, it is easily accessible from surrounding areas in West Yorkshire.
The surgery is popular amongst local pet owners and also welcomes animals from further afield too. As Lead Vet, you will manage a team of dedicated and skilled veterinary surgeons as well as the daily operation of the surgeries functions to continue sculpting the provision of the surgeries unique service. You’ll work closely with not only your team at this practice but also with the companies' network of other Lead Vet’s to share knowledge, ideas and best practice.
In an increasingly corporate market, they also operate a flat management structure, where they encourage you to share your ideas, have your voice heard and your opinions valued. They are a fantastic team and they want you to come and work collaboratively with them as they continue to provide a unique service to their employees and the animals they care for.
Their surgery is fast-paced and the caseload changes on a daily basis, which provides an exciting and challenging environment for you and your team to continue learning. Working collaboratively as a team, the practice performs a range of medical investigations and surgeries including; TTA, Patella and BOAS.
You will have access to the latest industry-standard technology. This includes but is not limited too; X-Ray, advanced imaging including ultrasound and CT scanning and total hip replacement surgery.
To be successful in this role you’ll have a social heart, be exceptionally skilled and ready to lead an already strong team who are all committed to shaping the future of veterinary care. Overall. it’s important that you’re a real team player that enjoys the buzz that comes from working in a fast-paced, busy environment.
You’ll share their vision for wanting to provide the highest standard of care to owners and their pets in West Yorkshire and surrounding areas. They are also looking for their Lead Vet to have;
- Excellent technical and clinical capability
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with clients during stressful and upsetting situations
- Strong organisation skills, open, honest and trustworthy
- Previous management responsibility essential
- 4 days per week / one day off per week.
- 2 in 9 weekends
- Salary scale £48,989 - £61,864
- 6 weeks holiday, including bank holidays
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- Private Health Care, 52 Weeks sickness benefit and free Employee assistance program — awarded after 12 months of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to counselling support including mental health, financial and life counselling after 12 months of service
For more information call Jess on 01392 249646 or email your CV to email@example.com