My client in Surrey has a very exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nursing Manager. The Clinical Nursing Manager (CNM) role is key to the businesses ability to provide a high level of clinical standards. This will include strategic, professional and operational leadership to the nursing team across the practices and also provide a nursing voice at a senior level. The CNM will ensure that patients are managed as effectively as possible from a nursing perspective to support the profitability and further growth of the practice. Working enthusiastically with your team you will help maintain a happy, efficient working environment, whilst ensuring practice policies and group policies are adhered to at all times whilst providing outstanding patient and client care.
This practice is a 100% small animal site large hospital with 9 vets, large hospital with 9 vets, large team of 15 nurses including 3 students as an established training practice.
This will be working a 40 hour week - varying shifts, up to 2 lates a week. Four clinical days and one administration day per week. No OOH - Vets Now on site for all OOH work and inpatient care.
Weekends on rota; 1 in 15 Full weekend and 1 in 15 Saturdays - time off in lieu in the following week
This main purpose / goal of the role will be the following:
Maintain an overview of the nursing teams and provision of animal care across the practice.
- Managing the nursing team by working with the team leads and the nursing team within the clinical setting.
- In sites with a Group or Regional Nursing Manager, the Clinical Nurse Manager will meet at least every other week with them to report on quality assurance of nursing care standards and standard operating procedures within their business units/cluster.
- In groups where the CNM is the most senior nurse they will be required to ensure quality assurance of nursing care standards and standard operating procedures within all business units that the nursing team work (This may involve visiting all business units/clusters).
- Demonstrating an excellent work protocol in all nursing with a high level of hygiene and the ability to recognise and undertake relevant actions with regards to infection control.
- Taking an active part in clinical duties for approximately 80% of your working hours, including a full share of the on-call rota.
- Ensure that the nursing team provide a high and sustainable quality of nursing care across all areas of the practice.
- Provide leadership to the lead nurses and nursing teams within the practice.
My client will be looking for someone who has 5 years in practice, with a minimum of 2 years post RVN registration, Training and coaching and previous staff management. Experience of leading a team & Ability to manage and forecast budgets.
In return you will be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive salary depending on experience.
If you would like any more information about this role please do not hesitate to contact Joe Hockin on 01392 691032 or email your CV to email@example.com