My clients currently have an amazing opportunity for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join their team in Greater London.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse with excellent leadership, communication, and organisational skills.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the day-to-day running of the practice. This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas; more responsibilities will form part of this role with full support being provided by the nursing team.
All head nurses are provided with dedicated support from their support centre and regional management team; here the management of your rota, dealing with recruitment, H&S, practice standards, marketing (and much more!) is taken care of, and while there are still admin duties involved in your role, this support will allow you to spend more time managing your team and doing what you love - nursing! This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your managerial skills alongside nursing.
You will be working 40 hours per week with 1 in 6 weekend shifts as well as a fair share of bank holiday and on call duties.
My clients can offer you:
- A starting salary of £28635-£29696 DOE
- £300 CPD allowance
- 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- On-going training is provided as relevant to your role
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards.
You will be in a friendly, supportive environment within a rewarding role. As a Head Veterinary Nurse, you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice. You will also assist in the training of their Patient Care Assistants.
Skills and experience
- Registered Veterinary Nurse as defined by RCVS with
- Head or Deputy Head nurse experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate (full training is provided)
- Demonstrate initiative in patient welfare
- Understand duties that may and may not be undertaken by PCA’s or student nurses
- Proven ability to work in and lead a team
- Full driving license
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience of being a clinical coach and supporting SVNs
For more information call us on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org