My clients are currently looking for an RVN to join the team in Staffordshire.
All staff are expected to work to the highest of clinical standards. Support and training will be provided to ensure these standards of clinical excellence are attained.
Your role will include a number of duties, including;
- Ensure that your registration with the RCVS remains up to date
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons
- Support any nursing assistants and / or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients
- Complete the equivalent of 2 days continuing professional development (CPD) each year, on topics discussed and agreed with your Head Nurse and branch manager. CPD must be recorded in line with RCVS requirements and a copy kept at the practice.
You must seek to ensure the health and welfare of animals committed to your care and fulfil your professional responsibilities. You must show professional competence, honesty and integrity, independence and impartiality, client confidentiality and trust and professional accountability.
You will be joining a team of 3 vets, 4 nurses, 2 receptionists.
Hours of work are based on working 39 hours per week, working between 8.15am and 7pm rotating early/late shifts according to the requirements of the rota. There is a requirement to work a 1:6 weekend rota working 8.30am - 1pm and 4pm - 6pm on Saturdays and 12noon – 1pm Sundays, all of which is paid as overtime.
Although there is no on-call, weekly late in-patient checks required on a roughly 1:6 rota.
Candidates must be RCVS registered and fully qualified and a driver with access to a vehicle.
Rate of pay is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include:-
- holiday entitlement is 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays)
- workplace pension scheme
- staff uniform
- support for CPD (for full time staff three days / year, £600)
- RCVS membership fees re-imbursed
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org