My clients are currently looking for a Night RVN to join their team in Cheshire on a permanent basis. All staff are expected to work to the highest of clinical standards. Support and training will be provided to ensure these standards of clinical excellence are attained.
You will liaise with the Head Veterinary Nurse and Veterinary Surgeons to ensure maintenance of ‘best’ veterinary practice and effective running of the practice.
Your role will have a number of general duties, including;
- Ensure that your registration with the RCVS remains up to date
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons
- Support any nursing assistants and / or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients
- Complete the equivalent of 2 days continuing professional development (CPD) each year, on topics discussed and agreed with your Head Nurse. CPD must be recorded in line with RCVS requirements and a copy kept at the practice for regular audit.
- Reflect on your own performance, strengths and weaknesses and develop yourself to maintain competence in all aspects of your role.
You must seek to ensure the health and welfare of animals committed to your care and fulfil your professional responsibilities. You must show professional competence, honesty and integrity, independence and impartiality, client confidentiality and trust and professional accountability.
The team work to ensure that the highest standards of professional expertise are provided for all animals in their care. A vet or nurse is present on the premises 24hrs a day- 365 days a year maintaining close supervision of all hospitalised animals.
You will be joining a team of 8 vets, 19 nurses, 8 Reception / Administrators and support staff (night team = 1 vet, 2 RVN’s, 1 Animal Care Assistant).
The work pattern is for 7 nights on 7 nights off on a rolling rota 8pm-7am (an average of 38.5 hrs per week). This will include working on Bank Holidays as part of the rota. Ideally candidates will have flexibility to cover for holidays and sickness for other members of the team. A premium is paid for night working.
My clients can offer the right candidate, holiday entitlement is 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) and this rises in line with service pro-rated. Supports three days of CPD and offers a generous £600 allowance per year pro-rated for part time staff. Benefits also include a workplace pension scheme, staff uniform.
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org