My clients are currently looking for a Nurse to join their team in Devon. Hours will be 40 worked in a rota basis. They are open for consultation surgeries between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Currently the nurses work shifts Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m, with a normal rota being 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The team work one week night on call and 1:5 to 1:6 weekends on call. The nursing clinical team consists of one head nurse (4 days/week), one part time nurse (3 days/week), one full time locum nurse, plus a student nurse and 3 animal nursing assistants.
You will expected to assist the veterinary and support staff of the practice in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout all clinical areas; to assist the veterinary surgeons during consultations and investigations and with care of hospitalised animals. To assist with cleaning of instruments and pharmacy stock control. There is also a requirement for a flexible working pattern providing night shift and weekend shift cover on a rota basis.
You role will consist of:
- Assisting veterinary surgeons and nurses with clinical procedures and patient handling and restraint.
- Maintain a high level of asepsis throughout the practice including consulting rooms, treatments rooms and animal holding areas, theatres and prep rooms etc.
- Assist the veterinary nurses with inpatient care including feeding, walking and cleaning of hospitalised animals.
- Carry out nursing duties such as, restraining patients for diagnostic investigations, assisting in theatre and consultations etc.
- Acting as telephone contact in the absence of the veterinary surgeon in the event of a difficult case beyond the capabilities of the receptionist.
- Ensuring that clients receive correct medication and advice.
- Ensuring all nursing/diagnostic equipment is maintained to the correct standards.
- Oversee training student VN(s), ensure allocated training sessions take place and that training is in conjunction with the Head Nurse.
The ideal candidate will comply with all operating policies and procedures. Contribute to the effective running and development of the practice. Undertake any training or personal development as required. Maintain a friendly, helpful attitude to clients. Assisting with kennel duties, reception duties and telephone calls as required. Assisting colleagues as required. Any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
For more information about this role call us on 01392 793733 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org