My clients are currently looking for an RVN to join the team in Cheshire. All staff are expected to work to the highest of clinical standards. Support and training will be provided to ensure these standards of clinical excellence are attained.
Some general duties included in your role;
- Ensure that your registration with the RCVS remains up to date
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons
- Support any nursing assistants and / or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients
- Complete the equivalent of 2 days continuing professional development (CPD) each year, on topics discussed and agreed with your Head. CPD must be recorded in line with RCVS requirements and a copy kept at the practice for regular audit.
- Reflect on your own performance, strengths and weaknesses and develop yourself to maintain competence in all aspects of your role.
You must seek to ensure the health and welfare of animals committed to your care and fulfil your professional responsibilities. You must show professional competence, honesty and integrity, independence and impartiality, client confidentiality and trust and professional accountability.
You will be joining a team of 8 vets, 19 nurses and 8 reception / administrators and support staff.
Hours of work are based on working 37.5 hours per week on a rota system between 7 am to 10:30 pm, including 1:4 weekends and a share of Bank Holidays (on a rota).
Within my clients benefits package there is a discretionary Summer and Christmas bonus scheme in place for eligible staff. Holiday entitlement is 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) and this rises in line with service. They support three days of CPD and offers a generous £600 allowance per year. Benefits also include a workplace pension scheme, staff uniform, staff pet discounts.
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to email@example.com