Our clients are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their wonderful practice in Middlesex. They are seeking someone with excellent communication and client-facing skills with ability to take on clinical coaching duties. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and progress, with potential Head Nurse opportunities within the group, in the future.
Offering a salary up to £25,000, dependent on experience plus £300 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave, RCVS and BVNA membership. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
- Communicating well with clients
- Meeting and greeting clients and patients
- Reception duties
- Registering new clients and pets
- Ordering, unpacking items and storing correctly and conducting returns.
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets with restraining animals for blood sampling, drips and examination.
- Administering topical, parental, subcutaneous/intramuscular/intravenous injections under the Veterinary Surgeon’s instruction and supervision.
- The running of in-house laboratory tests and the packaging and sending away for external laboratories.
- Assisting with anaesthesia, surgery and the taking of radiographs
- Correct cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials.
- Cleaning, hygiene and maintenance of kennel area
- Safe use of equipment in the laboratory
- Scanning and filing of clinic records
- General cleaning, hygiene and tidiness of practice
- Maintaining stock of consumables in all room
You will be working within a well-equipped practice including digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, tonometer, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy.
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org