Our clients are currently looking for a Senior Vet to join their team in South Yorkshire. As a key member of a surgery’s management team, this role is responsible for driving excellence in customer service and clinical care whilst promoting pet wellbeing, delivering preventive services and treating sick and injured pets.
As the surgery’s senior clinician, this role is responsible for all aspects of clinical governance.
Duties and responsibilities
Managing all Veterinary Surgeons (including Locums), ensuring:
- Their time and expertise is most effectively utilised
- They are proactively conducting follow-up appointments
- Their interactions with clients and patients are consistently excellent
- Their clinical records are accurate and up to date
Ensuring new graduates are:
- Being supported by their mentors
- Agreeing CPD requirements for all Veterinary Surgeons and monitoring the effectiveness
Liaising with Practice Administrators on personnel administration requirements:
- Work rotas
- Holiday requests
- Absence recording
- In collaboration with the Clinical Services Manager, monitoring clinical performance and client interaction of all Veterinary Surgeons; and providing the appropriate development and coaching to drive their continuous improvement
- Conducting annual appraisals for all Veterinary Surgeons
- Conducting performance management of Veterinary Surgeons, with support from the Head Vet
Conducting consultations, investigations, and surgical procedures. Managing day to day running of the surgery. Managing surgery diary, monitoring weekly/daily takings, resolving conflict. Liaising with the Clinical Services Manager on an internal audit schedule. Agreeing corrective action and improvement requirements, following internal audits, and ensuring their completion within the agreed timescale. Maintaining timely, accurate and up to date clinical notes for each patient; and ensuring that direct reports do the same.
You will be leading by example by consistently demonstrating a caring, professional attitude to clients, patients and the surgery team. Communicating promptly and effectively with clients regarding progress of investigations, treatment and follow-up care. Ensuring that inpatients receive the appropriate clinical care and an effective handover is conducted between colleagues and/or out of hours providers. Encouraging the use of internal referrals and seeking the assistance of appropriate colleagues or advisory bodies to deliver clinical excellence. Investigating and resolving customer complaints that involve a Veterinary Surgeon; and escalating the matter to the Operations Manager if the complaint requires Leadership Team involvement.
The role is based in a fast-paced environment and the Senior Vet must lead by example. The Senior Vet must demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to provide cover for absences and weekends. The role requires a commitment to proactively developing own skills whilst completing CPD. The Senior Vet must adhere to health & safety guidelines, ensuring their vet team does the same. This role requires strong communication, organisational and people management skills. The position holder must demonstrate empathy, kindness, and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure.
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org