My Client are a progressive, proudly independent Practice with state of the art surgeries and strong values. They have multiple surgeries, which are light, spacious and airy for patients, customers and the clinical team. They continue to invest and evolve and have a further surgery opening in September; for which this role will be allocated to.
As a key member of a surgery’s team, this role is responsible for delivering excellence in customer service and clinical care whilst promoting pet wellbeing, delivering preventive services and treating sick and injured pets. It is a fast-paced environment where the Vet must lead by example.
Strong communication, organisational, time management skills and a positive mental attitude towards daily tasks and responsibilities are a must. The post holder must demonstrate empathy, kindness and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure.
Duties involved. but not limited to, are:
- Conducting consultations, investigations and surgical procedures
- Adhering to TPV Practice Procedures Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Forms
- Maintaining and developing own clinical skills whilst completing CPD requirements
- Maintaining timely, accurate and up-to-date clinical notes for each patient seen
- Supporting the Senior Staff and Leadership Team in promoting the strategic plan and the values of TPV
- Demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement
- On the request of the Head Vet, act as Mentor to colleagues undertaking the graduate scheme
Hours of work will be undertaken to reflect the needs of the business and there may be a need for providing cover in other surgeries.
For relocating, they offer fully furnished accommodation in their surgery apartments.
Vets that are wanting to pursue post-grad qualifications; funding under a training agreement is provided.
If you would be interested in this position or would like more information please call Charlotte on 01392 249 647 or alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com