Our clients are currently looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team in South Yorkshire. As a key member of a surgery’s team, this role is responsible for delivering excellence in customer service and clinical care whilst promoting pet wellbeing, delivering preventive services and treating sick and injured pets.
- Collaborating in a positive and professional manner with the whole surgery team to deliver best patient care whilst adhering to practice procedures.
- Taking direction from and liaising with the Senior Veterinary Surgeon
- Demonstrating flexibility to share daily tasks and responsibilities amongst the veterinary team.
- Conducting consultations, investigations, and surgical procedures
- Adhering to Practice Procedures Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Forms
- Maintaining and developing own clinical skills whilst completing CPD requirements
- Maintaining timely, accurate and up-to-date clinical notes for each patient seen
- Leading by example by consistently demonstrating a caring, professional attitude to clients, patients and the surgery team
- Communicating promptly and effectively with clients regarding progress of investigations, treatment and follow-up care
- Ensuring that inpatients receive the appropriate clinical care and an effective handover is conducted between colleagues and/or out of hours providers
- Generating internal referrals and seeking the assistance of appropriate colleagues or advisory bodies to deliver clinical excellence
- Adhering to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional Conduct
The role is based in a fast-paced environment and the Vet must lead by example. The Vet must demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to provide cover for absences and weekends, if required, which may include working at other branches. The role requires a commitment to proactively developing own skills whilst completing CPD. The Vet must adhere to health & safety guidelines. This role requires strong communication, organisational, time management skills and a positive mental attitude towards daily tasks and responsibilities. The post holder must demonstrate empathy, kindness and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure.
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to email@example.com